Last updated: August 2021
Types of Information We Collect
Legal Basis for Using Information
When we process your personal information, we make sure we have a legal basis for doing so. For example, we use the ‘contract’ legal basis to provide you with the goods you have ordered and administer our relationship with you. We may also process your personal information where we have a legitimate business interest. This would include where we process indirect data to improve our website or understand company performance and where we monitor company premises using CCTV. Also, we may process certain personal information with your consent, this applies where you have consented to cookies or provided your details to join our marketing list.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Party Delights will keep your information for as long as it is needed for the processing purpose, when it is no longer needed it will be securely destroyed or deleted. For example, where you have created an online account, your information is retained for a period of 7 years following account closure, to allow for any related queries or legal claims. Accounting and payment information is generally retained for 6 years from the end of the applicable financial year in accordance with general accounting practices / HMRC guidelines.
Maintaining Your Information
At any time, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. Here, you can make changes to your name, password, postal address, email address, or phone number as previously provided.
What Rights Do You Have?
By law, you have a number of rights (subject to certain conditions) when it comes to your information. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the details below.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. We protect your personal information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable UK and EU regulations. All personal information that you may provide on any of the Websites will be Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted. Party Delights also uses computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption methods to protect your information. The safety and security of your information also depend on you. For instance, you can start by using a complex and well-chosen password. You should avoid sharing your password or using any information that others can easily learn about you, such as a family member’s name or birthday. We recommend that you follow National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) advice when setting passwords. You can also install and regularly update antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer or device from external attacks by malicious users. When you are finished with a session on our Website, be sure that you log out and close the browser window so nobody can pick up where you left off. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk and Party Delights is not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
What are cookies?
A cookie is a tiny data file that websites store to save and collect basic information. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our website to provide you with greater browsing or shopping experience. Many cookies are essential to the operation of our website, for example, to allow you to make a purchase or create an account with us.
What information do cookies collect?
Cookie types used by Party Delights
The types of cookies used on our platform can generally be put into the following categories: strictly necessary, analytics, functionality, advertising, and social media. You can find out more about each of the cookie categories below:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are required for the basic operation of our website and enable you to add items to your basket, make purchases, and log into secure areas of our website. These cookies can’t be switched off and they don’t store any of your information.
- These cookies gather information about your browsing and shopping patterns, such as how many people are using our site or which pages are popular to help us improve customer experience.
- We analyse the use of our website through Google Analytics software. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. This cookie expires after 2 years. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites click here.
- These cookies make your shopping experience easier. They allow us to recognise you and remember the choices you make when you return to the website. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your user name, country selection, and to keep you logged in to your account.
- Advertising cookies deliver personalised content and adverts and help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- We use Google Advertising Products. These cookies may be used to create groups of users based on behaviour to improve the efficiency and relevance of our advertising and allow us to measure advert performance. For more information please visit their website Google’s Privacy and Terms here
Social Media Cookies
- We use Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest tracking pixels to collect browser data, which we use to send personalised Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest ads to users who have recently visited our website.
How do I manage my cookies?
To manage or disable cookies you need to change the settings in your website browser. Please check your browser for instructions on how to do this. What happens if I disable cookies? If you disable some or all of our cookies, our website may not function properly. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our website. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our website.
Can I enable ‘Do Not Track’?
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers. When DNT is enabled, it will send a request to a website so that your browsing behaviour is not tracked by third party ads, social networks or analytic companies. Our website does not currently respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) requests as there is currently no consensus on how companies should interpret or manage DNT.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Third Party Links
Children’s Online Privacy
This Website is not marketed to and does not knowingly collect or maintain, personal information from, children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please let us know via our contact form.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving online communications from Party Delights you can choose the unsubscribe or opt-out link contained in the email and you will no longer receive communications.